Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A day at the falls

James and I (and Teagan..) decided to go on an outing to the falls. The name of the water fall is The Youngs River Falls. Since I grew up out in the country, out on Youngs River Road, I used to go to the falls a lot as a little girl with my dad. James and I haven't been out there in quite some time, so we thought we'd take Teagan and Kiely out there. It is nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air, every once in a while, instead of being couped up in the house. I can't believe how much it has changed, there aren't trees where they once stood and the river below the falls has changed too. Kiely enjoyed being down there, able to run free without a leash on. She is not typically a water dog but did managed to take a dip in the ice cold water. Then she got the "funny 5 minutes" where she all of a sudden runs uncontrollably all around and acts all crazy, we also call it the "coo-coos".

James and Teagan at the top of the hill before hiking down to the base of the falls.

Youngs River Falls!

The family.

James, Teagan, and Kiely.
(look at Kiely's tongue, haha).

Here I am.

I love this cave, where you can see the tree's roots winding around. My dad used to hid in there when we were little, and make scary noises, pretending he was a bear. He probably would still hide in there today!
Notice James has Teagan totally bundled up. He is so protective of his little boy, it is very cute and sometimes a little over the top!

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the first picture. It's nice to see Teagan out enjoying the falls. What a nice place to take him!

    ReplyDelete