Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Great Columbia Crossing 2009

Great Columbia Crossing 2009
I don't know why I got this crazy idea, I signed up for my very first 10K race. I will NOT be running, I will be walking, with my girlfriend Kelli, I roped her into it as well. We've been walking together before I became pregnant, and we go walking several times a week. We walk along the Columbia River, on the River Walk, which is nice and flat. The Great Columbia Crossing is going to be over the 4.1 mile Meglar Bridge, from SW Washington to Astoria, Oregon. The total miles will be 6.2 due to the fact that we are starting at a near by rest area. You only have 2 hours to finish the walk! For the most part the bridge is flat, except for the part where it inclines to 200ft for the ship channel! Yikes! Below is a photo of the bridge I will be walking over. The land you see in the far in Washington, where we will be starting from, then walking towards you, up, up, and up to the top and on to Astoria, Oregon! I am doing this on Sunday, the 11th, the day after my birthday! Nice way to start off my 28th year of life! I'm excited though, I even bought new socks and a water bottle holder to go around my waist. Hopefully I'll get some pictures to post up of the event.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Laurel, and I am wishing you luck for sure! I'll be looking foward to pictures. I was so torn about whether to stay in Bend a couple more days or be there for the crossing. I'm so proud of you for doing this!!! I hope it's a beautiful day, and your dad and I are thinking of you! Go Laurel and Kelli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did so well on the crosssing. You have your dad's bulldog spirit.

    ReplyDelete