Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Two Ships Passing

We enjoy going down to the Port Docks in Astoria. I find peace in going down there like I used to do with my dad when I was little. The Columbia River is approximately 4 1/2 miles across and we can see across to our neighbor, Washington. James and I went down to the docks to talk and relax and while we were there we saw two ships pass by going the opposite direction. The river can be a busy place with ships, boats and birds coming and going about.

Here comes the first ship that says, "China Shipping" going out to sea.

Teagan noticed the second ship going up river.

The two creep closer together...

...and closer!

Ohhhh!
(I am such my father's daughter, for those that know him you know.)

The Meglar Bridge is in the background that connects Astoria, Oregon to Washington State.

Teagan and I both pointing at the ships.

They made it pass each other!
This ship says,"Lauritzen Bulkers" on the side of it.

Don't worry I've got him!
I know my mom is freaking out, "He's too close to the edge!"

Teagan and I sitting on the edge of the docks.

3 comments:

  1. That's an adorable post! I love seeing him looking at the ships and pointing at them. They almost named that one ship for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a tradition going to the port. I see you enjoy the experience as much as I did. Soon craneswill turn into giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, I winced when I saw the picture of him on the ledge. Then I read your comment and laughed. Happy one and a half birthday, Mr. T!

    ReplyDelete