Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birthing class

Tonight was our second birthing class. However, James was not there with me tonight. He is down in California working and visiting family. My Aunt Jane, or "Auntie Gram" is what she'll be for Teagan, came with me for support. If you know her, then you know she love'd to come with me to be apart of this. She is so excited for us, and can't wait! Tonight in class we went through the stages of labor. For the most part I knew what to expect,but it was nice to hear it and to learn a few new things as well. Thanks Aunt Jane for going with me!
There were some new people in our class this week, then last, one couple are very young and are deciding to have an open adoption, and they have a family that has been chosen and the new family has picked out the baby's name. I thought how brave this girl is for going through all this and making the decision to put her baby up for adoption. She is probably no older then 17, and she had her boyfriend on one side of her and her mother on the other side of her. She is lucky to have a good support system! There was another girl there who brought her boyfriend with her, and he is a story all in himself.....totally did not participate, fell asleep during the labor video, was reading a book for "work," and just was not there mentally. I thought "what is the point dude? You clearly will be a great support for your girlfriend...right!"
I feel that I am so lucky to have a great support system with my family and friends! It is very much appreciated and I love you all!
I am looking forward to flying down to California on Friday to see James, who has been gone for a week now. We are having our first baby shower down there at my Grandma's house. It is co-ed and should be fun! I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends from down there! I should have lots of pictures to show when I return! What I am not looking forward to is flying on the airplane with a cold that I have seemed to have picked up. Ya know all the good 'ol recirculated air in the plane! Plus I can't take much in the way of decongestants, when you are pregnant. Yeah for that!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and a wonderful baby shower! Wish I could be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just cleaning out some old baby stuff this last weekend and found all our old birthing class info. I remember we had some "strange" couples in our class! I remember this guy kept talking about his birthing experience with his ex-wife and his 2 kids, and this other pregnant women (well she was like 17) with her mom, her mom would only talk in class and said her daughter is going all natural no matter what! Yeah right lady! And one poor lady with ankles the size of her neck who had them since day one, poor lady! Oh, and much more! Unfortunatley, you will never forget these people, just hopefully you won't run into them on your way into the hospital in labor. Awwww, memories! We too, were the only couple having a boy in our class and during labor, the hospital was full (we were the last room available at 4 am) and were the only boy delivered that day. Kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete